Image taken in the early 1970's at Aborfield Cross Berkshire
Photograph copyright and courtesy of Richmond Pictures - London/Sheffield
Madison Stubbington for Vogue Italia September 2015.
Photograph copyright and courtesy of Miles Aldridge
For a Beautiful Chauffeured Wedding Car in Kent, London and beyond. Hire this Classic Mercedes-Benz
A unique vintage Mercedes wedding car
A Classic Mercedes for Film and Wedding Car Hire in Kent
This eye catching classic car has had a very interesting celebrity history and is one of the most costly saloon models Mercedes-Benz have made. Available for television, film hire, modelling and wedding car hire in Kent. The car is also available throughout England and abroad.
It is sure to provide a memorable classic wedding day vehicle. Literally thousands of hours of patience over the years have kept this unique car highly maintained to original standard. This is one of two virtually immaculate 6.3 litre models in England.
This classic Mercedes was first owned by 1960/70's pop icon ‘Donovan’
Originally owned by psychedelic musical influencer ‘Catch the Wind’, ‘Mellow Yellow’, ‘Sunshine Superman’, ‘Jenifer Juniper’ 1960/70's pop icon ‘Donovan’. This Vintage Mercedes London wedding car has endured a “rock and roll life style” with a long and fascinating celebrity history, appearing in music videos, television and film.
Click classic Mercedes to see a list of film, television, radio and magazines that this classic mercedes has appeared in, along with a period photograph of it parked next to the Beatles Rolls-Royce.
Hire this Unique Retro Car and Relive the Vibe.
Other celebrities who have travelled in JMO 9K include:
Moby filming in London for the ‘Lie Down in Darkness’ music video
- George Harrison (Beatles).
- Bobby Whitlock (Derek and the Dominoes).
- Moby (Pictured Left)
- Tony Mortimer (East 17).
- Rory Kinnear (Quantum of Solace, Skyfall).
- Catherine McCormack (Braveheart, 28 Weeks Later).
- Other celebrities of their day that have also been inside the wedding car include the Beatles, Roy Kinnear, Diana Dors, and more
In 1971 this beautiful Mercedes Kent/London wedding car was first featured in a short promotional film 'Yellow star' with Donovan. Since then it has been:
- In Various Car Magazines over the years
- On National Radio 2 and Capital Gold in 2005
- On Display at Mercedes-Benz World Surrey in 2007
- In Various Music Videos over the years
- In a Promotion for The White Company of London in 2013
- Featured in National ITV Drama and DVD 'Lucan' in 2013 starring Rory Kinnear
- Featured in a Main Release Cinema Film 'Mortdecai' in 2015 starring Johnny Depp
- Featured in Vogue Italia in 2015 photographed by Miles Aldridge
- Featured on the BBC One Show in 2016 narrated by Gyles Brandreth
Join the list and add your name along with famous names when you hire this beautiful unique classic Mercedes.
Click here to see the JMO 9K in various music videos.
The Classic Mercedes is available to hire for television and film productions throughout England as well as wedding car hire.
For all classic car enthusiasts and restorers visit the Automotive Restorers Guide for details of a quality services and suppliers book.
Donovans 1971 Mercedes 6.3 litre 300 SEL
Your Chauffeured Kent Wedding Car
Barratt's Classic Car Hire aims to provide a professional, honest and friendly chauffeured Kent wedding car. This rare Mercedes-Benz is kept to a very high original standard with parts from around the world. It is a beautiful example of an attention to detail restoration with ongoing accurate maintenance.
Read about how this celebrity owned classic Mercedes was re-discovered in 2003 and it's two year restoration into the perfect elegant wedding hire car in Kent or elsewhere.
The Classic, Vintage Mercedes-Benz
A classic Kent and London wedding car
This car was a popular choice in its day by many celebrities. It boasted a smooth effortless ride due to the powerful self levelling air suspension, and powerful 6.3 litre fuel injected engine engine. The fact that the engine had fuel injection was for many customers one of the big selling points. The car was for a few years the fastest accelerating saloon car in the world.
The wide sunroof also gives you the feeling of openness when fully retracted, the style and build quality being that of a bygone era. The longer rear doors mean that this beautifully designed car was built to be chauffeured in. The extra leg room makes it ideal as a most spacious unique classic Kent and London wedding car.
Hire Tariff all Year
£150.00 For the first hours hire
£45.00 For each additional half hour
- Hire time is from base to base - Larkfield, Kent
- For all London car hire please add £135.00 surcharge
- £240.00 Minimum hire tariff
- 20% Discount on all remaining hire over the first four hour period. All longer photographic, music video, television, media work please telephone for discounted hire fees.
- Total mileage during hire period is 40 miles from base to base. Should the hire distance be longer than this then 80p is added for each additional mile over 40
- Please telephone for an enquiry or for a quotation
- All hire with dark blue uniformed chauffeur
- The car comes with a neutral flower display on the rear shelf, and white ribbons over the bonnet
- Fifty percent deposit on booking. Balance due four weeks before hire date. Deposit refundable if cancelled at least eight weeks prior to booked date. In the unlikely event of an incomplete or non hire then all hire monies will be refunded. The total liability/refund does not exceed the total hire fee paid. Any damage caused by the client, any of their party or by inciting others is chargeable to the client.
Sorry smoking is not allowed in the car.
Enquiries and Bookings
- Freephone: 0808 168 0063
No Sales Calls
Relive the feeling Donovan had whilst sitting in the back when he was driven from his home on the Wentworth estate in Surrey to the Hard Rock cafe in London.
For film and wedding car hire based on neighbouring counties of London and Kent visit Kent wedding car.
To book or enquire about the classic Mercedes:
FREEPHONE 0808 168 0063
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Thank you Steve for making our special day even better, your car was immaculate, absolutely flawless and your kindness, patience and professionalism was wonderful. Thank you for everything especially letting us climb through the sunroof for a picture oh and letting me have a drive around the paddock.
Such a beautiful car, Steve was super helpful and easy to work with which is what you want/need when organising your wedding. Service on the day was spot on, arrived well before the time we needed to leave and made sure he was around long enough for photos etc afterwards. Thank you for being a part of our special day!
Wow! What an absolutely perfect addition to our wedding day! The car really is stunning and steeped in so much history and Steve was professional, friendly, patient and an all round lovely guy. We couldn't have dreamt of a better experience and Emily and I just want to say a huge thank you for being part of the day. I can't recommend highly enough!! Kindest regards and thanks again, Sam.
Hired at shortish notice as a surprise for my best friend on her wedding day and the service was brilliant. Very patient with my multiple questions and amazing in the day hanging about in torrential rain. Really friendly professional and the car was beautiful. Can't thank you enough. Would highly recommend.
Thanks to Steve we had the most special day. The car was stunning and beautifully kept. Steve was very polite, reassuring and patient throughout the various journeys. Many of the wedding party commented how fabulous an addition it was to our wedding. We’d recommend this car to anyone!